If you do not get a floor drain, Ryan Homes will slightly sloop your garage floor (not even a noticeable difference) so if you ever do get water pouring from your cars, it will simply run outside of the garage door. I just can't see this happening or ever even being an issue as I've never seen water pouring off our cars and if it does it normally dries and evaporates LOL.
Here is why we're NOT getting a Floor Drain in the Garage:
- We don't wash our cars in the garage (I had never heard of such a thing, but I guess in the winter alot of people do this LOL)
- Very Rarely do we pull our cars in the Garage and they are dripping wet with snow and water. We don't get much snow and rain and if we do, I'm surely not driving in it! LOL!
- We've always had floor drains and never have seen that much water pouring off our cars where it even remotely reached the floor drain. So they kind of seem pointless!
- I've read some reviews where people that do have floor drains have issues with them getting clogged with dirt etc. Again, I can't see us having that much drainage from our cars. Never seen that happen in the past.
- Worse case scenario - which I doubt will ever happen - we can always add one later
- I'm not paying for an option in our mortgage that cost $595 plus interest plus 30 years that I can see having very little value